On Monday, A judge set a September trial date in the murder case of former rap mogul Marion “Suge” Knight.
Read on to get the latest update on Suge Knight awaiting his trial…
It’s been 3 years since the incident took place where Suge Knight was accused of intentionally ramming his red Ford F-150 pickup into two men.
CelebNMusic247.com previously reported that the Death Row Records co-founder, Suge Knight, ran over his friend Terry Carter, 55, who died, and Cle “Bone” Sloan, who survived.
Knight has been dealing with postponements since the beginning of his sentence. Most recently, his court date was pushed back in March.
The incident took place in the parking lot of Tam’s Burgers at Central and East Rosecrans avenues following an argument on the set of the movie “Straight Outta Compton” in January 2015.
If you recall, Suge fled the scene but eventually turned himself in. He has pleaded not guilty, arguing that he acted in self-defense. Knight has been accused of several things over the years behind bars, while he has been battling health issues.
It was said that Suge was angry with director F Gary Gray for the scene in the film showing how Knight was during the time he was running Death Row Records.
The LA Times also reports:
It was also said that Gray just touched on Knight’s antics. It didn’t show all of his mayhem from back in the 90s. The 53-year-old is also accused in separate cases of robbery and threatening “Straight Outta Compton” director F. Gary Gray.