According to several reports, Empire actor Jussie Smollett is in big trouble following the alleged homophobic attack in Chicago by two masked men.
Reports have been claiming the Jussie Smollett pulled a publicity stunt since his role on Empire was being faded out. Now, that news has broken that Jussie may have lied about the whole attack in Chicago his role is being sized down by FOX. Read on…
CelebNMusic247.com reports that Jussie Smollet is in the middle of a scandal after multiple outlets have reported that the actor paid Nigerian brother’s Abimbola “Abel” and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo.
CBS Chicago is now reporting that sources say the “Empire” star allegedly paid the pair $3,500 to stage the assault — with another $500 promised to come — and even rehearsed the melee with them beforehand. It was also reported that Smollett also allegedly paid for a rope used in the attack. Chicago police said there was “no evidence” of any subterfuge, according to PageSix.
Despite the reports, the 36-year-old actor denies having any role in setting up the assault. In fact, Jussie Smollett is “angered and devastated” by suggestions he’s familiar with his alleged attackers.
Jussie Smollett attorney’s Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson said in a statement to the Idaho County Free Press:
The statement reads:
As a victim of a hate crime who has co-operated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying. One of these purported suspects was Jussie’s personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity.
Following the reports, authorities found “new evidence” exonerating Abimbola “Abel” and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo, who worked as extras on the FOX TV series, and allegedly shared personable rapports with Smollett.
The Chicago Police Want to Interview:
Attorneys for Empire actor Jussie Smollet said he does not plan to meet with Chicago police on Monday, as detectives seek to interview him again about the alleged attack last month in Streeterville.
Chicago PD spokeswoman Anne Kavanaugh said:
There are no plans for Jussie Smollett to meet with Chicago police today. Any news reports suggesting otherwise are inaccurate. Smollett’s attorneys will keep an active dialogue going with Chicago police on his behalf. We have no further comment today.
A spokesperson for Smollett’s attorneys, Victor Henderson, and Todd Pugh state.
Their statement reads:
There are no plans for Jussie Smollett to meet with Chicago police today. Smollett’s attorneys will keep an active dialogue going with Chicago police on his behalf. We have no further comment today.
If you recall, Smollett has said two men attacked him while he was walking home around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29.
Back in November Ola Osun took to Facebook stating:
SMH ???????????????. They always got the Nigerians ?? portrayed as criminals on t.v. We gotta do better and say no to the money and fame ???
His statement on Facebook points out that he is NOT a man of violence.
In December the two brothers posted photos of themselves on Facebook wearing their winter face masks which are NOT what Jussie said they were wearing at the time of the attack. Remember he said they were wearing red MAGA caps.
All we want to know is why is America assuming their black attackers? Maybe Jussie doesn’t remember? Maybe he is NOT lying and Abel and Ola are innocent? We want to know why all these stories are surfacing now?