Megan Thee Stallion Files Lawsuit Against Label 1501!
The ‘Hot Girl Summer’ rapper went on the offensive by filing suit Monday against 1501 Certified Entertainment and its honcho, Carl Crawford. Read on to get more details on why Megan Thee Stallion Files Lawsuit…
View this post on Instagram
#CelebNMusic247 #news #meganthestallion puts #1501 label on blast for asking to renegotiate her contract – they are now telling her they will not release her #music – they are Messing with @theestallion this is some foul lowball #greedy #shit #freemegantheestallion from her contract #pressplay #thoughts #hiphopnews #hiphopmusic #hiphop #femalerappers
CelebNMusic247.com reports that Megan Thee Stallion is putting 1501 Certified Entertainment aka Carl Crawford.
Megan Thee Stallion says certain execs at her record label have a rep for “bullying and strong-armed tactics,” but she’s taking a stand by taking them to court … and she’s already won a major battle.
All Megan wanted to do was to renegotiate her contract and Carl went left with it. He told her that she can no longer release any music.
So Megan decided to put Carl Crawford on BLAST for being GREEDY! Meg claims 1501 is blocking her from releasing new music because she wants to renegotiate.
Megan Thee Stallion says that 1501 isn’t letting her drop new music due to her requesting to renegotiate her contract. pic.twitter.com/4Uz5vXwmD0
— Ronald Isley (@yoyotrav) March 1, 2020
Now she’s pissed about the contract she signed with the label back when she was 20-years-old.
Megan Thee Stallion has now won her battle for the moment after a district judge in Harris County Texas granted Megan a temporary restraining order which prevents her label from blocking the music she plans to drop on Friday.
In the suit, Megan lays out the most outrageous terms of her contract, at least in her eyes. For instance, she claims the deal calls for 1501 Certified to get 60% of her recording income. The remaining 40% goes to her, but she has to use that to pay engineers, mixers and featured artists who work on the songs.
Point is … MTS claims there’s a very small slice of pie left for her when it’s all said and done. She also says her live gigs currently benefit the label more than her.
According to the suit, the contract calls for all money from Megan’s touring and live performances to be paid directly to 1501 Certified. She says the label is supposed to give her a proper accounting of what she’s owed — but claims what they’ve provided is incomplete, and “purposefully and deceptively vague.”
Megan also claims Crawford has been using his relationship with Rap-a-Lot Records founder J. Prince to intimidate people in the industry. In the suit, she claims Crawford pressured a producer to hand over beats by saying Prince would be pissed. Megan claims, “Prince is notorious in the industry for strong-armed intimidation tactics, and the comment was taken as a physical threat of harm.”