Rams Cut Michael Sam From Roster
Today, Michael Sam, the first openly gay athlete drafted into the NFL got cut by the St. Louis Rams as the team trimmed its roster ahead of the start of the 2014 season.
CelebNMusisc247.com previously reported on Sam who was waiting to hear if he had made the St. Louis Rams finalized rosters after they trimmed the players down to 53 athletes.
Michael Sam replied with a “Thanks for the opportunity.”
Fisher said the decision to release Sam was “a football decision,” and, “I was pulling for him, but it didn’t work out.” Asked about how Sam’s time with the Rams was, Fisher said:
“There was no distraction. Mike fit in very, very well. He was fun to be around. No issues.”
- Rams cut Michael Sam to trim roster down to 53 (kmov.com)
- Rams cut Sam, the NFL’s first openly gay player (cbssports.com)
- Fisher: Sam was no distraction in training camp (usnews.com)
- Michael Sam cut from Rams roster (stltoday.com)
- Michael Sam Cut As St. Louis Rams Finalize Roster (freshwaddabrooks.com)
- Rams Cut Sam, 1st Openly Gay Player Drafted (abcnews.go.com)