XXXTentacion has reportedly dropped his defamation lawsuit against a woman, following a signed statement saying she and the musician just “joking around.”
A video that surfaced earlier this year showing Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy, best known as XXXTentacion, hitting her in the head. Read on for details…
CelebNMusic247.com has learned after the video was leaked online, the woman posted a statement on Instagram, writing:
For those who are questioning why I didn’t come forth earlier was because I was terrified for my life… Imagine someone doing that to you unprovoked? At 16? Let alone the people he associates himself w/? The truth of the matter is I would still be holding onto this secret if it wasn’t leaked.
Following the statement, which was deleted, XXXTentacion sued her for fraud and defamation, alleging that she and her family had been trying to extort him.
Fast forward to May 15, the woman has changed her story in a notified letter submitted to XXXTentacion’s legal team on May 8, according to TMZ.
In return, XXXTentacion has dropped his suit.
The day the video was posted, I was contacted by one of Jahseh’s managers and I told him the truth: that I did not release the video and don’t know how someone got it and posted it online. I also told him I was surprised that people were making such a big deal about it. The video was taken years ago when Jahseh and I were both kids and were just joking around. I was not injured as a result of what happened nor did it negatively affect my personal life. I told my manager I was willing to give a statement saying exactly that.
The woman assures XXXTentacion:
I will not be pursuing any claims against him and I hope that people see the video in the playful context in which it was recorded and nothing more.
Thoughts? You can’t trust anyone these days. Everyone is looking for a come up!