Beverly Hillbillies Donna Douglas Dead at 81!
Donna Douglas, grandaughter confirms that The Beverly Hillbillies Star, who portrayed Elly May Clampett, has died.
CelebNMusic247.com has learned that Donna Douglas, best know for her role as Elly May Clampett on the legendary 60s TV series “The Beverly Hillbillies” passed away Thursday (New Years Day) at her home in Louisiana.
Douglas was surrounded by friends and family by her side. Her granddaughter confirmed the death to TMZ:
Donna starred on “The Beverly Hillbillies” for all nine seasons and even returned for the 1981 reunion TV movie.
Douglas filed two famous lawsuits over the years. In the 1990s, she sued Disney claiming they stole the idea for “Sister Act” from her. In 2011, she sued Mattel for making a Barbie doll with her likeness without her permission. She lost the “Sister Act” case and settled the Barbie case.
Donna was 81.
- Veteran Actress Donna Douglas Dies At 81 (thechroniclesofrenard.blogspot.com)
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ star Donna Douglas dead at 81, reports say (foxnews.com)
- Donna Douglas Dead – ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Actress Dies at 81 (justjared.com)
- Beverly Hillbillies Star Donna Douglas Dies at 81 (time.com)
- Report: Donna ‘Elly May Clampet’ Douglas dies. (abcactionnews.com)