Rihanna Officially Signed to Roc Nation
Rihanna may been having troubles with her Instagram, bu today she is saying goodbye Def Jam and Hello Roc Nation since she’s officially sign with Jay Z’s label.
CelebNMusic247.com has learned via Complex that Rihanna has made some changes and is now team Hov!
Rihanna first signed her record deal with Def Jam in 2005, she said then-label-president Jay Z wouldn’t let her out of the office until the 17-year-old signed on the dotted line. Six months later her debut album Music of the Sun hit the charts. Since then, she released all seven of her albums—including 2012’s Unapologetic—on Def Jam. But much has changed since then.
In 2009, Jay left his presidential role at Def Jam for his own Roc Nation label, formed as part of his multi-million-dollar contract with Live Nation. In October 2010, Rihanna parted ways with her former manager Marc Jordan and signed with Jay’s Roc Nation management team.
- Coincidence? Draft pick signs with Jay Z right after ogling Rihanna (nypost.com)
- 5 Directions Rihanna Could Go With Her Next Album (mix1065fm.cbslocal.com)
- Kentucky’s James Young Signs With Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports (thacover2.com)
- 5 Directions Rihanna Could Go With Her Next Album (y98.cbslocal.com)
- DJ Mustard Signs To Roc Nation (4umf.com)
- Rihanna Signs To Roc Nation Label (4umf.com)