Now that Marvel has expanded the Universe with This is 40 star Paul Rudd as Ant Man, he is now speaking out about the upcoming live action film.
Despite director Edgar Wright walking away from Ant-Man two months ago, Paul Rudd stayed on board to play the thief named Scott Lang who inherits the Ant-Man mantle and technology from brilliant inventor Hank Pym (played by Michael Douglas).
CelebNMusic247.com has learned via Rudd who spoke at San Diego Comic-Con saying:
“I was elated, and it was not something I would have predicted.”
“And it wouldn’t have ever happened without Edgar Wright.”
Rudd also revealed that his involvement with Ant-Man owes everything to one man no longer associated with Marvel.
“The story is what it was, what Edgar and Joe Cornish, who is also a genius, wrote.”
“But it’s now gone in some new directions. There are a lot of things involved that I’m really psyched about. It’s been fun sitting down with Adam and coming up with stuff.”
Rudd has some ideas on how to modify Ant-Man’s origin story.
“Everybody knows that the number-one characteristic of Ant-Man is that he has Lyme disease.”
“When he was small, he was attacked by a giant tick. Now I have to shrink down to get back at all those damn deer ticks.”
“That’s what it says on the one-sheet…Ant-Man: You Damn Deer Ticks!’”
Checkout this leak about the films premise and footage:
- Comic-Con: Evangeline Lilly & Corey Stoll Join ‘Ant-Man’ Stars As Marvel Screens Very Early Footage (m.deadline.com)
- ‘Ant-Man’ cast revealed: Lilly, Douglas, Rudd (ibnlive.in.com)
- Marvel Movie News – Paul Rudd Officially Cast as Ant Man (wasahiro.wordpress.com)
- Paul Rudd will play Ant-Man for Edgar Wright (thedissolve.com)
- Nicolas Cage Chats ANT-MAN With Paul Rudd (comicbookmovie.com)