Lookout Broadway NeNe Leakes is Coming!
Lookout Broadway NeNe Leakes is coming to join the cast of “Rogers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella” beginning November 25.
The 46-year-old Real Housewives of Altanta star and former New Normal/Glee actress tweeted she’ll be starring in the Broadway production of “Rogers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella” beginning November 25.
NeNe has landed the perfect role in Cinderella where we believe she’ll shine. Leakes will play the evil stepmother, Madame, to Cinderella, played by KeKe Palmer.
She took to Twitter saying:
Here is what PageSix is reporting:
Before Leakes takes the stage in November, Sherri Shepherd will play the same role beginning September 9.
According to Broadway.com, Leakes will join the final cast of the production wrapping up on January 3, 2015. At that time, it will have delivered 41 previews and 770 performances since opening in January 2013.
- NeNe Leakes Headed To Broadway (4umf.com)
- NeNe Leakes to Make Broadway Debut in ‘Cinderella’ (thewrap.com)
- CINDERELLA to End on Broadway This Winter; NeNe Leakes Joins the Cast Before Closing (broadwayworld.com)
- On The Come Up: NeNe Leakes Replacing Sherri Shepherd As Cinderella’s Wicked Stepmother In Broadway Musical (bossip.com)
- Broadway’s ‘Cinderella’ musical closing in January (miamiherald.com)