Kelis Pleads Not Guilty to Contempt After Allegedly Violating Custody Agreement 17 Times

Kelis Pleads Not Guilty to Contempt After Allegedly Violating Custody Agreement 17 Times

If you ask, Kelis, her ex-husband Nas will be heading to court in June after to prove she is NOT guilty to 20 counts of contempt and violating their custody agreement.

We doubt that Nas is wrong, but as always, Kelis feels she is in the right since she is always right. Read on to get the tea spilling…

Kelis Pleads Not Guilty to Contempt After Allegedly Violating Custody Agreement 17 TimesCelebNMusi247.com reports that Kelis and Nas will be heading to court in June after the “Milkshake” singer pleaded not guilty to 20 counts of contempt.

If you recall, back in January, Nas filed court documents after Kelis moved their 9-year-old son Knight to Cartagena, Colombia, during December without Nas’ consent.

The “One Mic” rapper also states that Kelis violated their custody agreement 17 times since January 2018 and specifically did so over the 2018 holiday season. In addition to her violations, Nas also said that his ex-wife failed to pay the $8,000 in penalty fees she was assessed by the court.

In court documents, Nas said an agreement was made that Kelis would have Knight on Christmas, and he would have him for New Year’s Eve. She was then supposed to bring him to the rapper at that time but failed to do so.

But instead of bringing Knight back on that date, she brought him on Jan. 14, and Nas said he had no communication with his son for the entire time the boy was in South America.

Kelis said her husband is Colombian and she plans to stay there permanently to run a farm with him.

The court documents read as follows:

On Christmas, the Petitioner informed me by text message that although her plan had been to bring the minor child back to me in Los Angeles for New Year’s, the plan had changed. She then stated that the new plan was to come back on January 4, 2019.

The rapper and singer were married from 2005 to 2009. Their problems in April of last year when Kelis gave a tell-all interview to Hollywood Unlocked.

Kelis claims that Nas was physically abusive and they both drank heavily.

Nas denied the allegations in an open letter back in September on social media.

Kelis better realize she may NOT be heading back to Columbia anytime soon since she could be slapped with fines or even jail time if she’s found guilty.

Nas and Kelis are scheduled to appear in court on June 20, 2019.

About the author

Carlo Menza

Carlos Menza is one of CelebNMusic247.com contributing writers covering Celebrity and music news.