Jay Sean Leaves Cash Money Records!
It was only a matter of time before pop singer Jay Sean Leaves Cash Money Records after six years with the label saying he “wasn’t in chasing pop success anymore.”
Could this be the beginning of the end for Cash Money Records since CelebNMusic247.com has learned that Sean’s departure comes on the heels of Tyga and Lil Twist’s recent public frustrations with YMCMB?
Here is what Jay Sean had to say in an interview with Billboard:
“I had and still maintain a great relationship with Slim and Baby [CEOs of Cash Money].”
“They believed in me and my talent and our partnership obviously garnered a lot of pop success.”
Basically Sean wishes to head in a different direction as an artist:
“It got to the point where I was chasing pop success and ‘the smash’ when really my heart wasn’t in it anymore,” he says. “That’s not why I got into this game.”
He is gearing up for the release of his new mixtape, Mistress II, set for release in November.
Sean announced on Friday, “The full TEARS IN THE OCEAN video is now Up on VEVO. Go check it out and spread the word. Link is in my bio. #bringingbackthatsmoothshiiiiiit #TheMistress2…”
Take a look at his new video:
We wish Jay Sean the best of success!
- Tyga Disses Young Money Over ‘The Golden Album: 18th Dynasty’ Delay (getwititmagazine.com)
- Jay Sean Leaves Cash Money Records (newsnmusic.com)
- Tyga Blasts YMCMB Again, Calls Drake “Fake” (hiphopwired.com)
- Tyga and Lil Twist Are Not To Happy About YMCMB “The Breakfast Club”. (streetaddictz.net)
- Tyga and Kylie NOT A Good Look For YMCMB (celebnmusic247.com)