Jai Courtney Says Terminator: Genisys Not A Reboot.
Terminator: Genisys star Jai Courtney discusses the upcoming project is NOT like the rest, the film will likely be a more family-friendly proposition than its predecessors in the series.
“I would love to see it be rated R, but I don’t think it will.”
“I think in this day and age, it’s much more likely to be PG-13. There were no f-bombs. But there’ll be a healthy amount of movie violence.”
Courtney explains that it will be neither a sequel nor a reboot.
“What I can say is that we start in a place we’re familiar with from the early films and then, you know, circumstances change,” explains the star. “It somewhat shifts the course of events from that point.”
“It’s not necessarily a sequel or a reboot. I don’t even know how you brand it correctly. We’re not remaking one of the early Terminator movies. And it doesn’t necessarily carry on from the point where we left off.”
Terminator: Genisys will hit theaters summer 2015 on July 3 for the holiday weekend.
- Looks Like TERMINATOR: GENISYS Will Get a PG-13 Rating (geektyrant.com)
- TERMINATOR GENISYS Is Not a Sequel or Reboot. Sadly, It May Be PG-13. Filming The Next Two Back-to-Back in 2016 (ramascreen.com)
- Jai Courtney talks Terminator: Genisys, says it’s likely to be PG-13 (joblo.com)
- Jai Courtney Spills Terminator: Genisys Info (empireonline.com)
- Terminator: Genisys Is Neither a Sequel Nor a Reboot (collider.com)