Chance The Rapper SXSW Show Shut Down:
A Chicago-filled day at South by Southwest ended on a flat note when Chance the Rapper’s performance was shut down early Wednesday morning due to overcrowding.
After performing for less than 20 minutes at the Red7 venue in Texas, CelebNMusic247.com learned that festival officials shut down the club and the performance after the number of fans at the show was double the venue’s capacity.
A team of officials who check venues hosting events for the festival reportedly closed the doors at Red7 ahead of Chance’s performance and told venue managers that no additional fans could be allowed in, according to Alicia Dean, senior public information specialist for the festival.
The team returned a short time later to find that occupancy in the venue was double the 499-person maximum allowed, Dean said. They then closed down the venue for the evening just before 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- Chance The Rapper SXSW Show Shut Down (4umf.com)
- Officials Pull the Plug on Chance the Rapper #SXSW Show (getmybuzzup.com)
- Several events shut down during SXSW (kxan.com)
- DJ Mappquest’s SXSW 2014 Preview (kssunews.wordpress.com)
- Enforcement Teams Keep SXSW 2014 Partygoers Safe and Sound (contactmusic.com)