Inglewood, Calif., rap group, Cali Swag District has lost group memeber Jayare who died on Friday at 25 years old.
CelebNMusic247.com has learned that Jayare, whose real name was Cahron Childs, suffered from sickle cell anemia and was admitted to the hospital on Thursday night.
Here is what has been reported via MTV News who has told us that Jayare fell into cardiac arrest and died.
“Rest in peace Jayare I’m gonna miss u forever ..I will never get over this..but I know God got u..and I know You got me,” he wrote.
Cali Swag District exploded on the music scene in 2010 with their first single, “Teach Me How to Dougie,” which not only peaked at No. 6 on Billboard’s rap singles chart, but also spawned the biggest dance phenomenon since Soulja Boy‘s “Crank Dat” back in 2007.
Childs is not the first member of Cali Swag District to die in recent years. The group’s M-Bone (real name: Montae Talbert) was killed in a drive-by shooting in 2011.
Our prayers go out to Jayare family and friends. 25 is too soon.
- JayAre of Cali Swag District Dead: “Teach Me How To Dougie” Rapper Was 25 (gossipcop.com)
- JayAre, Cali Swag District Rapper, Dies From Sickle Cell Anemia at 25 (americanlivewire.com)
- Cali Swag District Rapper JayAre Dead at 25 (rollingstone.com)
- Jayare of Cali Swag District ‘Teach Me How To Dougie’ Dies Due To Sickle Cell Anemia (ksfm.cbslocal.com)
- News: Cali Swag District member (JayAre) passes away #RIP (microphonebully.com)