3.6 Earthquake Shakes LA
BREAKING NEWS: At 8:03 p.m. on Friday night a 3.6-magnitude earthquake struck near La Habra, according to the United States Geological Survey.
CelebNMusic247.com has just gotten word that the epicenter of the temblor, which occurred at a depth of approximately 3.7 miles, was located one mile northwest of Brea, three miles north of Fullerton and three miles southwest of Rowland heights, the USGS said.
Luckily there are noinjuries or damage immediately reported. However the quake was felt ing Los Angeles, West Covina, Montclair, La Mirada, Culver City and Whittier. Then at 8:16 p.m. an aftershock hit measuring 2.1-magnitude struck about a mile east of La Habra, according to the Geological Survey.
- Is 4.4 jolt an end to Los Angeles’ ‘earthquake drought’? (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Earthquake shakes central Oklahoma (newsok.com)
- 3.6-Magnitude Quake Strikes La Habra Area (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- How the 1964 Alaska Earthquake Shook Up Science (livescience.com)
- 10 Amazing Facts About the 1964 Alaska Earthquake (livescience.com)